Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2-27-13

I came across an interesting article the other day and thought it was pretty eye-opening to body image issues on both sides of the fence. It's very easy to not realize how hurtful some comments are to the opposite group. Just because we might not have any experience being on that other side of the fence does not give us any right to make shaming comments.
 
 
 In my experience making shaming comments says so much about the person making the comment. For me, when I've made such comments in the past, they've been more of a commentary on my own shame in my appearance, resentfulness that my metabolism and lack of willpower won't allow me to eat whatever I want, and a shocking lack of self-love and confidence. My shortcomings are no excuse to make shaming comments to or about anyone, though, so to anyone I've ever made these comments to or about, I sincerely apologize.

In other news...Today has been the first day since last week where I haven't felt so hungry I wanted to chew off my own arm.  I even resisted girl scout cookies at work today!  Someone brought in a box of the peanut butter sandwich cookies and I only had 2.  Very proud of myself.  In the past I would have snuck out and grabbed a few everytime I had a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment