Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2-12-13

Back to the normal, everyday grind today.  I wish I could have gotten more on my to do list done yesterday, but I got the ones that I really needed to taken care of, especially going through my clothes to see what fits.  I bagged up 3 garbage bags full of clothes and one bag of shoes.  I'm excited to take them to Goodwill and get them out of my house forever!  Even better, though, I found several pairs of pants that fit, some that are about to fit and some that I missed my window of opportunity on.  I can't help but feel a little like Goldilocks.  These pants are too little, these pants are too big, these pants are juuuuust right!

Being able to get rid of so much and finding so much that i could wear again was great.  It's very motivating, especially if the scale isn't moving and my scale isn't moving at all.  I have not lost so much as an ounce since shortly after Thanksgiving.  My clothes are fitting differently, so that's still proof of progress, right?

I'm sticking with it.  I'm not going to let myself get discouraged. I'm not going to let myself start doubting that I will do this.  There is no time limit involved. (Although I'd really appreciate it if I could lose 35 more pounds by the first week of May.). I have to continue to be persistent, keep within my calorie limit, and be active for 20-30 minutes everyday.  I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't lose another 35 lbs by May, but I must admit it would be awfully sweet to do it.  That way I could get on that plane to Boston and be able to say that I had lost 100 lbs.

Until then I'll just enjoy shopping in my closet and looking cute in my "new" clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment