Sunday, February 24, 2013

2-24-13




I finally managed to finish a knitting project this week.  I say finally, because I've been working on this particular project since July or maybe even earlier.  I don't know why this one took me so long.  It just couldn't keep my attention even though I really like the pattern and yarn.  Now Ijust have to block it and it will be completely completed. 


I pushed myself to finish this week because I have been dying to start something new.  I had found a skein of yard that I had forgotten I had and I had already chosen the pattern.  All I had to do was wind my yarn into a ball so I could work with it.  Sounds simple right?  I've done that dozens of times before with no problems, but this time was just one big problem.  Usually I'll drape the skein over the top of a chair and unwind it off the skein and into a ball.  Easy peasy.  I was watching tv and apparently not paying enough attention.  The next thing I knew, the yarn had fallen off the chair onto the floor and Flash was trotting up to try out the new toy I had just put out for him.  I grabbed the yarn as quickly as I could, but the damage had been done.  The rest of the skein was a gnarled, ragged, knotty mess.  I worked on it for about 2 hours longer without making any visible progress.  Ended up going to bed at 3am.  Woke up and was back at it by 9:30 Saturday morning.  I  won't say how long I actually worked on it, but let's just I didn't end up going to bed until after 4am.  It was a great exercise in patience and remaining calm even though I really wanted to toss the whole mess into the garbage.  It was also an almost perfect illustration of bullheaded stubbornness.  Today, I knit!


And just because, here's a picture of my pup, Flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment