Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6-5-13

How the hell did it get to be June already?  I have had grand plans of getting back on track with my blogging ever since I got back from Boston.  I've been planning things I wanted to talk about and thinking about everything I wanted to share, creating elaborate posts in my mind just waiting on that perfect day where time and space align and allow me to think of something other than work and my next meal. As you can see, that worked out really well for me.

Boston was awesome. I fell in absolute love with Boston Common, the Public Gardens and the Duck Pond. We picked the perfect time to go there. Everything was in bloom and it wasn't horribly hot. The other place I fell in love with was Salem. I loved the mix of modern and old world quaintness. Everyone was super friendly and nice. For example, I found a yarn store, Seed Stitch Fine Yarns, and the people knitting and working were so wonderful!  They all took time to talk with me and the person working showed me some of her favorite yarns.  It was great!  I would definitely recommend them and I'd love to go back.

Things I proud of about our trip:

  • I fit in the Airplane seat without any trouble.  I was even comfortable!
  • I did not get lost or killed using public transportation.  Not getting lost was though no fault of my own because Denise and Michael were in charge of navigation. Not getting killed was touch and go. The T required balance to not topple over when the train started moving and strength to hang on. 
  • I kept up. We did a huge amount of walking while we were in Boston. When Denise has a destination in mind and is trying to find it, she moves with a purpose and a conviction and goodness help you if you can't keep up. I might not have stayed right beside her, but I was able to stay pretty darn close.  
  • I did not gain any weight while vacationing even though I ate like it was my job while we were there.  
If you want to see my picture, and I took a lot, they're on my Facebook page. Feel free to peruse at your leisure if we're friends and if we aren't friends, why the heck not?  I'm awesome and I'm pretty sure since you're reading this blog you are too.  Friend me, just please send me a message to let me know who you are and where you found me. 

In Boston, Denise and I talked about some things that we'd like to do someday.  So I started thinking about some of my goals for the future once I've lost more weight.  I'd like to go zip-lining, maybe skydiving, go horseback riding, go to an amusement park and ride rollercoasters, complete a 5k, shop in a regular sizes clothing store, just to name a few.  Most of these go hand in hand with weightloss.  Until I lose more weight I just won't be allowed to do some, like skydive, horseback ride, ride rollercoasters because from what I've seen they have weight limits.  I'm getting there though.  It won't be today and it probably won't be tomorrow, but one day it will happen.  As a positive step in accomplishing my goals I've signed up to participate in a 6 week challenge on nerdfitness.com.  Part of the challenge is to come up with 4 goals to work toward. 
 My goals:
1.      Train for a 5k using the Zombies Run app on my iPhone. 
2.      Do bodyweight exercises one day a week.
3.      Log my food and activity honestly every day.
4.      Blog once a week. 
I feel like I've got a good realistic goals and I have a good chance of accomplishing them.  I don't think they'll be too difficult, but they do still pose a challenge because I have a bad habit of getting lazy partway through. 

2 comments: