Friday, June 21, 2013

6-21-13

I've managed to make it through another week of my six week challenge. Still doing well. I'm proud that I've stuck with it this long. As of Sunday I'll be halfway through.

Last weekend was my 20th high school reunion. It was a very small gathering. I wish more people would have come, but on the other hand I'm glad it was small. I kind of dreaded it the day of before we got there, but I recognize it was my social anxiety talking to me. I tried to at the very least say hello to all of my former classmates. It was nice to see and talk to everyone. Overall I think everyone has aged pretty gracefully. Obviously, my high school has a ton of graduates with good genes. I can truly say I'm looking forward to my 25th reunion now. I really hope more of my former classmates can join us next time. I'd really like to see if karma has kicked the people who made portions of my school life so miserable in the teeth yet.  It wasn't very many who were awful to me, but the ones who were really did a good job at making me feel like less than I was.

Last weekend was also important for another reason. On Sunday, my husband and I went to our local walking track and I ran in public for the first time since I was in elementary school and had to take part of the Presidential Fitness Test.  Even more momentous is that even when someone else showed up I didn't let my self consciousness stop me.  I hadn't even finished my ten minute warm up when they showed up, but just thought to myself, they don't know me, I don't know them, fuck it. I had zombies to out run.

No comments:

Post a Comment