Sunday, October 27, 2013

10-27-13

The last couple weeks have been kind of up and down for me.  I've been thinking a lot about the progress I've made in the past 2 years.  I've lost over 80 lbs and that's pretty damn amazing no matter how heavy you are or were. But I can't help but feel a little sad too because while I've lost a lot, I still have so far to go until I'm a normal, healthy weight.  I'm still fat. Still.  I'm not discouraged by that, though. If anything it makes me want to get there even more.  So I've been comparing where I was to where I am.  When I first started I was 343 lbs. My BMI was around 58.  I was wearing about a size 32-34.  I couldn't walk down the hall at work without losing my breath. My feet and ankles were almost always swollen and sore. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror. Now my BMI is just a smidge under 40. I can wear a size 26.  Not only can I walk down the hall without any issue, I can run down the hall if I choose to and not feel like I'm going to die. My feet and ankles are nice and boney again and my appearance no longer disgusts me. Every bit of that is good progress.

The last time I blogged I had lost 81 lbs. I'm happy to say that as of yesterday I'm down 90 lbs. 90 lbs!!!  That's only 10 lbs away from hitting 100 lbs by the end of November. And I will still be fat. But I'll only be 13 lbs away from the weight my driver's license says I am. And once I hit that, I'll only be 30 lbs from being out of the 200s.  I have so much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment