Sunday, October 13, 2013

10-13-13 Post 3 of 3

I have been a knitting fool since the middle of August.  Since then I have finished a lace scarf, a lace shawl and a baby blanket.  The reason for my knitting foolishness is because I realized about that time that I hadn't entered anytrhing into the fair yet and then when I did enter I became a tad ambitious and entered 3 categories:  knitted lace, knitted shawl/stole and knitted scarf.  I only had one thing finished, an infinity scarf that I made at the very beginning of the year.  I had the lace scarf maybe about a quarter of the way done and I didn't even have a pattern for the shawl picked out.  Every spare moment I've had since then has been spent knitting.  I finished knitting the lace scarf on August 29.  Knitting lace requires too much concentration, so I started on the baby blanket and worked on that while we were in Atlanta.  As soon as we got back home  I started on the shawl.  I finished it the last weekend of September, just a couple days before I had to turn it in for judging.

Here I am in a panel at Dragon*Con working on the baby blanket. 


That blanket is finished now, but I haven't taken pictures yet.  The top part is green.  It was such a nice and easy pattern.  It's going to make a very nice gift for someone. 

Here is the infinity scarf I entered in the fair.  It won second place in its category.

This is the lace scarf I entered in the fair.  It won first place in its category.

And this is the lace shawl I entered.  It also won first place in its category.

Now I have knitting fever again.  Since I submitted my fair entries, I've finished the baby blanket above, another infinity scarf and I've already been thinking about what to enter next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment