Saturday, January 24, 2015

The return of the prodigal blogger

So...it's been almost a year since I've posted.  I have a hard time with consistency.   I'll try my best to do better, but I'm not making any promises.

2014 was an interesting year. In march I had my very first car accident. No one was hurt, just our car. Not too badly though.  Also in March, Flash started having awful ear infections. After several months, multiple food changes, numerous vet visits and an insane amount of money we were able to determine that he is extremely food sensitive and has to be on a special prescription food.  He can't have any regular commercial dog food or treats and can't have any people food whatsoever.  He's been doing great on his new food though. He hasn't had any problems with his ears since we switched the last time.  We went to 2 concerts.  We saw Aloe Blacc and Bruno Mars in the spring and then in July we saw Def Leppard and Kiss.  Both were fantastic.  Then, later in the summer Michael and I decided, mostly because of the massive amounts of money that we had spent taking care of Flash and getting our little cat, Vex, spayed that it wouldn't be very fiscally responsible to take out annual trip to Atlants for Dragon*Con in September, so we cancelled the trip. I was so incredibly disappointed. I love that trip.  But the good news is we started talking about other things we could start saving towards. We've pretty much decided that we're going to London in 2016.  I'm so excited!  Not looking forward to that long flight, but it'll be fine.

Weightloss-wise, I've been a complete and total slack ass.  I had lost 100 lbs.  As of this past week I have gained back about 20 lbs. I'm still considering that pretty damn successful though because it could have been a lot worse.  But before it gets worse I'm choosing to stop it.

This last time. I was here I was feeling bored and just meh on weightloss,  I stopped exercising, I stopped being as mindful about eating.  At least I didn't lose complete control. I made some bad chooses, but I remained binge-free.  This is the longest I've ever been binge free.  At the beginning of the month I planned on restarting my weightloss efforts, but it wasn't until last weekend that I was able to get my head on straight about it.  I charged up my fitbit to help keep track of my steps, I started tracking my food again...I feel hopeful and motivated again!  My overall goal is to be under 200 lbs when we go to London. Can I make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment