Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1-7-14

No Spending Challenge Week 1 review.

I like spending money.  I miss spending money.  This week I've wanted everything.  I have never been so glad that I put my credit card away and my debit card is in the safekeeping of my husband. I've been doing a lot of online window shopping and dreaming about what I'll do when this challenge is over.  The one thing I know for sure is that I will be buying dinner from somewhere. I am already tired of my own cooking. Thankfully I had a pretty good stockpile of groceries in my freezer and cabinets, so at least we'll be able to have fairly good meals for the month. Thank goodness for couponing and being able to stock up on things. Couponing. That's something else I miss. I'm still collecting coupons and I am counting down the days until I can plan out a big grocery shopping trip with lots of coupons and sales. It's really hard to resist the sweet siren call of double coupons at Bi-lo.

Overall, I'm glad I'm doing this challenge.  I believe it really will help me get my mind in the right place to save money this year and get a handle on my money. Right now I know that February 1 I'll be buying dinner for me and Michael and then on February 2 I'll make a big grocery trip, but other than that, I'm going to do my best to continue spending as little as possible. Right now it seems possible.  Ask me if I still feel that way when it gets to the last week of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment