Sunday, July 21, 2013

7-21-13

What a week!  I'm glad it's over. 

Last Sunday was the last day of the challenge I was participating on the Nerd Fitness website.  I've kind of found myself floundering since then.  On Monday, one of my aunts passed away.  It was expected at any time, but that never makes it any easier.  Tuesday evening was the visitation and my brother came to stay the night with us because he lives in North Carolina and it was just easier for him that way.  After we were done at the funeral home we came back home, stopping to pick up chinese food for supper.  I had half of a General Tso's combo.  Not a good choice.  I would have been just as satisfied with a sandwich or a salad from home.  Then, Wednesday morning we took my brother out to breakfast at IHOP.  I had 3 pancakes, 3 scrambled eggs and 3 slices of bacon.  Again, not a good choice for a weekday.  We went to the funeral, to the graveside service and then back to the church for lunch where I scarfed down 2 pieces of fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, green beans, 2 deviled eggs and a slice of cake.  Then, if that wasn't enough, several hours later after we got home we were still hungry so we got hamburgers and fries.  Thursday was no better.  Let's just say that I was channeling my inner Hobbit by having breakfast and 2 lunches.  Friday was a weird day.  Our building had gas fumes from some work going on in the garage and it was truly awful.  We stayed as long as we could, but we were all having issues with headaches, dizziness and the inability to concentrate.  Most everyone ended up leaving around lunchtime.  Michael took me out for lunch at our favorite Indian buffet.  Saturday involved another breakfast out, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and sneak eating.  It was just a bad week filled with poor food choices. 

This coming week, I will do better.  I plan on drinking a ton of water to help distract me from eating what I shouldn't.  I'm going to do my Zombies Run workout 3 days, I'm going to take a short walk at lunch 5 days.  I will do my bodyweight routine 2 days.  I will not spend money on food that I don't need.  But mainly, I'm not going to beat myself up for having a bad week last week.   Bad weeks happen, but I don't have to let them keep happening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt. My mom told me yesterday when I spoke with her. I hope this week will be better for you.

    ReplyDelete